WHY SCHOOLS SHOULD CHOOSE GCSC TO DELIVER CERTIFICATE I IN CONSTRUCTION
December 9, 2014
In 2015 the Gold Coast School of Construction (GCSC) will partner with selected Queensland Secondary Schools to support the delivery of Certificate I in Construction under a Preferred Supplier Agreement with the Department of Education, Training and Employment’s VET Investment Budget. GCSC will be the Registered Training Organisation for the schools and provide ASQA compliant training resources, record keeping, assess and certify the students both face to face and via our new online Learning Management System.
Delivery will remain with Industrial Technology and Design teachers who will be supported by regular visits from GCSC trainers, professional development days, visits to Hutchies’ sites for both teachers and students and a Structured Workplace Learning program for high performing students.
Why choose GCSC?
- Hutchies is one of Australia’s largest privately owned building and construction companies.
- With more than 1000 employees and over 100 projects under construction at any point in time – career opportunities are abundant.
- GCSC is an industry based, award winning RTO specialising in construction only.
- Proven track record in getting young people into employment.
- Innovative, up to date learning resources, because construction is our business.
GCSC operates on a quality over quantity basis and has set criteria to fulfill before partnering with schools.
Want to know more? Contact Rod Eske, GCSC Coordinator, on: firstname.lastname@example.org